Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bullfighting in Licto

A couple weeks ago (right after I got back from the trip to BaƱos that I posted about recently), there was some kind of fiesta in Licto for some particular "neighborhood" or something like that. So, to celebrate the fiestas, what better than to put a bunch of bulls into a ring and have them chase people around. SOOOO, get ready... I was one of those idiots inside the ring "bullfighting". And get ready for an even bigger surprise, as I was jumping out of the ring one of the times, the bull get me in the foot/ankle and sort helped me out of the ring with his horns. It's not as crazy as it sounds...or maybe it is, I do't know. Anyways, it was a huge adrenaline rush and it fulfilled the dreams I've always had of being a bullfighter, but I probably won't do it again. And after my mom reads this, she'll probably see to it that I never do it again. Anyways, here are some pictures:

While it was still raining (at least I waited until it wasn't rainy and slippery anymore)

A guy about to lasso in one of the bulls (they don't kill the bulls in this kind of bullfighting)


Cool shot. (by the way, my friend Lisa who was visiting took all these pictures.)

Dodging the bull (This is definitely not what I was doing. I was just taunting the bull and then running)

The bulls that I "fought"

Killu and I in a man-made cave outside Licto.

Here's a better perspective on what the cave looks like. Apparently they used to sell food here to people on their way up to the indigenous communities. (This is my friend Lisa, by the way)

A few friends of mine from Licto.

A random cool/funny picture Lisa took in Riobamba.

A picture Lilly took of her cat watching TV. No joke, it was White Fang on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home