Monday, October 16, 2006

Good times in Licto

So, yesterday was the elections and now the top two presidential candidates take a run-off at the presidency. The two left are a conservative super-rich guy (Álvaro Noboa) who aligns with Colombia's Álvaro Uribe (maybe they're just friends because they share a first name) and a leftist friend of Chavez (Rafael Correa) who plans to 'whip' the corruption out of Ecuador. Anyways, it could go either way, they were both around 25% in the first round, with Noboa on top byt a couple percent. Nov 26th is the 2nd round elections, we'll see what happens. As a disclaimer, as a Peace Corps volunteer, I have no stake in this election, nor do I support any of the candidates. One thing I must say though, Correa's ad campaign has been much prettier than Noboa's. That's all I have to say about that.

So, next, we had a fun little Licto party this weekend. 5 of us hung out on my patio, made a yummy dinner, cooked smores over a bonfire (made by yours truly, who wasn't a boyscout for even a day in his life), and the made some fantastic crepes the next morning. A good time was had by all. Here's a picture of the five of us chilling around a lovely bonfire:

For the occasion, I decided to make a large chunk of jello. It turned out beautifully, although I'm now going to be eating jello for a month. Totally worth it.

A picture with my puppy. This shot was intended to highlight how much bigger he is than he was when I took this picture. He's bigger and just as cute as ever.

Killu and Ruby are lovers. Ruby is my friend Maggie's much younger, tinier dog. They seem to enjoy sharing Killu's bed.

This picture is from about a week ago. I was reading a magazine on my patio for about 30 minutes when I realized my skin was burning off. This is what it looked (and felt) like the next day. The skin that appears in this picture is no longer attached to my body, as it has all peeled off during the last week.

Well, that's this week in news, hope everything is going well...wish me luck on coming up with a Halloween costume. Huge Halloween festivities are to take place down south in Cuenca in a couple weeks.

1 Comments:

At 10/25/2006 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've looked at your burnt picture around 5 times already and laughed each time. I talked to Dan today and I am jealous that you get to go back to Colombia! I'm sorry I missed your call, hopefully I will be able to catch your call next time.

Pet Killu extra for me today.

Lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home