Thursday, September 07, 2006

My new Yellow Friend

Well, as some of you may have heard through the grape vine (or by me annoying you with a text message), I finally bought a dog. The name I have given him (after much stress and many sleepless nights) is Killu Mashi Moore. That's Kichwa for Yellow Friend. In case you were wondering, you don't need to worry about formality with my dog, you can call him by his first name. For those of you who don't speak Kichwa, the pronunciation is approximately "Key-shoe"
I'm very, very happy with him so far. While he DID poop and later pee in the office only a couple hours after I bought him, office etiquette is thankfully much different at INNFA than it is in most American office places. Additionally, he's learning bathroom training really quickly. In the one grass area of my patio is where I'm taining him to go to the bathroom and so far he already seems to have it figured out. He slept in my bed last night and behaved himself superbly. Every few hours he would wake me up and I would take this as a sign that he wanted to go out. I walked him over to the grass and he unfailingly went to the bathroom without harassment. That doesn't mean he's perfect, but I personally was pretty impressed how fast he is learning. That's why you don't get stupid breed. Long live labs! Now, here's the part you actually care about. Some pictures:

Killu taking a little nap on some dirty clothes.

Killu says hello. (aka a picture of Killu yawning)

Killu being a goof.

A tripod picture with the perfect dog.

A perspective picture...(angle makes the difference in size more exaggerated than it really is)

The entryway that I fixed up recently. I tore up some of the weeds, got rid of the loads of garbage and put the bricks down to distinguish between Killu's poop area and my walking area.

Just looking adorable.

Again, adorable...

Streching Killu (this is beginnning to feel like a modeling shoot, isn't it?)

Killu after taking his first bath. He wasn't happy about it-.
The post-bath shot. Definitely worth it.

By the way, Killu is the softest dog in the world. I'm not kidding, look it up in Guinness Book of World Records. It's in there.

2 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Killu Mashi (which, by the way, sounds more japanese than "key-shoe") is awesome! I'm glad he's a quick learner. Just make sure, from personal experience, you teach him not to poop in the sink!

 
At 9/20/2006 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been walking this dog around picking up all the ladies? I'm just saying it might just work because that is a darn cute dog. I'm glad you have a new friend down there :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home