Thursday, August 31, 2006

The new place...

So, I'm now at HOME, finally (well, right NOW, I'm 40 minutes from home in the nearest internet cafe, but that's besides the point). Licto isn't Chicago, but it's my home for the next 24 months. What did I get as a welcome gift when I got there? A whole butt-ton of ash all over my patio, in my bedrooms, and in every crevice of Licto. Overall I've spent over 10 hours sweeping it all up and I'm still not fully done since every time you sweep it up, it gets into the air and settles an hour later. Here are some cleanup pictures and some (nearly) finished product pictures. Enjoy!


My tribute to Tungurahua (T-RAHUA, if you can't read it) written on a mound of volcanic ash cleaned up on my patio (and this picture was taken after I had cleaned up only about a third of the ash on my patio)

Just showing how much ash got inside, even with the door and windows closed. I'm glad I was out of town when it was falling.

The dust on an outdoor surface (even after a day of heavy rain)

The dust I gathered from one of the rooms in my house...yes, that was all INSIDE MY HOUSE.

My bedroom, safe haven. Love it. The bull-fighting poster just happened to be left in Chambo by an old volunteer, ROCK! Most of my furniture also came from that same volunteer.


My kitchen. (Where's the sink?...well, I'm working on it. See the bucket in the bottom left?)
Keep on Keeping on, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home