Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Safe and Sound

So yeah, I'm back from an amazing trip to Mindo, which is considered a "cloud forest." For now I'm having technical difficulties with my photo webpage, so I'm just going to go with a brief summary and maybe try and get like one photo up if possible. Anyways, the cloud forest is basically a semi-jungle. They have hundreds and hundreds of species of bird, tons of butterflies, lots of frogs and other jungle stuff. We got to jump off of some fun waterfalls, float around in rivers, sleep under mosquito nets, and other cool jungle stuff. If any of you come visit, you'll more than likely get to visit this place because they have so much awesome toursit stuff to do like rafting, waterfalls, butterfly and frog farms, rock climbing, rappelling, caving, all sorts of stuff that would be awesome to do (and it's only like 3 hours from Quito!). Anyways, I hope to have time in the next couple days to both put up pictures from some day trips last week and my pictures from Mindo. As I may have mentioned earlier, if you have a snapfish account (or create a free one), you can check my photos out on my Snapfish page at http://www1.snapfish.com/photolibrary/t_=57339740 (my user name is mooreporfavor@gmail.com)


Here's a really cool-looking bridge in the jungle that we crossed to get to some waterfalls.


Some friends crossing the bridge.

More rocking pictures to come...Stay tuned. And drop me a comment or something so I know I'm not making this whole webpage just for my mom and my granndma! (Hi Mom and Gram!!)

2 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your not and you know it, you can at least group the Millers in there too, ha. Its good to read that things are going well, and the pictures are great to see. I hope money would allow it would be really great to come visit! We just got back from a visit to IL, Colin York got married, it was fun but then it was back to the urban jungle Los Angeles. We are busy here we have set a 20 song deadline for oursleves in the next two weeks or so, lots of work, and we are also wokring on a few short scripts, one possibly for production as a winterim course for Thomas Ritchie, we will see if that pans out. I am praying for you when I think of you too! Your brother in this family of God's, Joel.

 
At 9/12/2006 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan, great to see what you are doing there, well at least some of it. Nice dog. Nice ash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home