Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tulabug (Too-la-boog)

Tulabug, if I haven't mentioned it before in my blog, is one of the big hills surrounding Licto. The people in Licto all say it is an extinct volcano...I had to climb it to see what I thought for myself. My conclusion is that it is certainly possible, yet not fully convincing. The two thinks that would lead me to believe that conclusion are the fact that the hill's top dips in quite a bit like a crater and the fact that there is black (volcanic) sand along the river right outside Licto. Whether you believe it or not, it's still a really beautiful hill with a nice view over Licto, Pungalá, Chambo, and Riobamba.

Killu playing in some disgusting water in a pond on top of the crater

Another Killu picture

My two good neighbor-friends, Huge and Cristian


Killu and a view over Licto and Pungalá

The view over all of Riobamba. I'd really like to hike up there sometime at night...

Hugo and I with Riobamba as a background


Killu, Riobamba, and I

Cristian, Riobamba, and I.

Some shy indigenous kids that laughed their heads off watching Killu play in the pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home