Monday, August 06, 2007

Chimborazo

So, I've been really behind on getting blog posts out to you guys, but I guess that's a good thing because it means I've been doing a lot more 'doing' instead of just spending time writing about about the few things I've been doing. Anyways, over a month ago, I got the chance to go up to the Refuge on Chimborazo (need I remind you, the top of it is the farthest point from the center of the earth and the closest point to the sun during certain dates of the calendar.) The refuge is at something like 4300 meters or something like that, and the view of Chimborazo from the refuge is majestic. Here are some samples.


The group of young people I went with. Most of them are now college students who have been receiving Compassion International scholarships since they were little kids (the kids you probably have a picture of on your fridge.) In the orange jacket is my good friend Franklin.

Anoter view of Chimborazo

Me, teaching the Ecuadorians what a snow angel is. The response I got from one of them was 'But that's not actually an angel.' Seriously?

On the way up to the refuge

Another view

With my friend Suzi

Overall, we had a great time, but because I found out about the trip the day before I went up, I didn't have any sunblock and my face got extremely burned...it's all better now, no worries.

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2007 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan - if you are at about 10,000 ft above sea level - how high is this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home