Wednesday, June 20, 2007

To my surprise...

So, the other day I was drinking my morning coffee and reading the newest issue of Newsweek that had arrived from Peace Corps. As I flip through I see a picture of two women with the last name of my childhood pastor (Nemecek). As I get to reading, I find that (to my surprise), IT IS MY CHILDHOOD PASTOR! Apparently he decided that he was born as a woman in a man's body. Now, I've recently been talking with a good friend about how Christians tend to be extremely judgmental, and I'd really like to avoid being just another judgmental Christian, so please don't take this as me judging him/her, but this is definitely not what I expected from the guy who baptized my brother. To get the full story, read this article about how he got fired from his job for it.
So, there's not really any point to this post, I just thought some of you would find that article interesting/surprising. Feel entirely free to post comments on what you think about this article, I'd like to hear some different perspectives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home