Thursday, February 08, 2007

Picture update

Well, I haven't had much time to update my blog with pictures in the last few weeks, but finally I've got a bit in the internet café in order to catch you all up on what my life's been looking like lately.

We'll start with a few pictures from our Peace Corps Reconnect conference a couple weeks ago in the jungle (sadly it rained the whole week):

The counterparts of a couple volunteer friends of mine dressing up like them and making fun of them.


Paul, playing an original song, his first in Spanish, about how he hates the subjunctive verb tense in Spanish.


Dara and David doing a nice little Dirty Dancing montage dance scene, with the gender reversed.

Ashley reads her homage to one of our fallen comrades in a skit that recounted the loss of all the volunteers we've lost since we got in country (we've went from 50 to 42 in 7 months).


Some people from the agency I work with and some of the people in the community they work in.


Killu, writhing on the bed for no good reason.


La Dolorosa, the plaza where I catch the bus to Licto from Riobamba.


Killu, wearing a T-shirt. Silly dog.


Some of my kids from my youth group, hanging out at the school.


A view of Chimborazo from Riobamba on a clear day. Need I remind you that Chimborazo is the farthest point from the center of the earth (because of the bulge of the earth at the equator).


Killu, sleeping in my bed.


Another picture of the kids in my Licto youth group.


Killu, yawning as I awake him from his slumber.

So, there's a brief highlight reel of my life in the past month.
Also, in news, my brother is getting married in April in Costa Rica and I'm going to go (obviously). Not only that, I'm going a week early to travel around and see the country. The wedding is on the Pacific Coast, so I'm hoping maybe to hit both oceans in a period of a week...If you know anyone living in Costa Rica, drop me their email address, so I can find some people to meet up with in my week of traveling. Well, that's all for now...this week I've got a beekeeping conference to attend here in Riobamba and nearby Chambo, so I'll be in town but I don't know if I'll have time to mess around on email...

1 Comments:

At 2/10/2007 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, Did you purchase your ticket yet?

Love Killu's pictures - he's so.... cute.

Did you see Pinot's pictures?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home