Saturday, January 06, 2007

Colombian Holidays

So you got a brief summary of my holidays in Colombia in my last blog entry, but now that I'm back home and have had a few minutes to get my proverbial act together, here are some photos to fill in the blanks of my last blog. (Note: if you've ever done photo-linking in blogger you'll know how much a pain it is to get photos in the right order, so ignore the order of these photos).

Sisters Annette and Daniela pose on New Year's Eve.

In case you thought I wasn't doing anything worthwhile during my time in Ecuador, here's a little something I've picked up...


The young'ns of the group all decked out before midnight

The dads of the gorup had the brilliant idea of getting a picture of the gringo with a bunch of beautiful Colombian girls. I will be forever grateful to the dads...

The grandma of the family we celebrated New Year's with (in other words, not Dan's grandma). Contrary to the typical laws of genetic heredity, this dear woman was able to pass on every OUNCE of good-looking genes down to these 6 beautiful grand-daughters.


This is my Cary Grant "I'm cool" shot. I also look way more like my brother Aaron than I ever realized.

Last year I forgot to get a photo with Dan's mom in it. This year I made sure that didn't happen. Dan's mom (Sonia) on the left and a friend of the family who spent the week with us in Peñalisa (Carmen Beatriz).

The young'ns again, playing Mexican-train dominoes, our favorite activity of the week.
From L to R: Me, Nicole, Dan, Veronica, Nico (Dan's bro), Camilo (Dan's other bro), Carlos Guillermo, Annette, Andrea, Daniela, and Jessica


The dads playing Liar's Dice for hours in the pool...cigars and whiskey included.

We didn't agree on making weird faces for this pictures, we both just think on the same wavelength...

Dan, in his house in Bogotá, with his Airdale Terrier, Sasha (who, despite Dan's opinion, is not as good of a dog as Killu...also, let be known that while Sahsa is cute, she's not as cute as Killu)

Dan's family: Nico, Dan, Sonia, Germán, Camilo

Hanging with Dan and friends in Bogotá: Me, María Claudia, Mariana, Dan

1 Comments:

At 1/10/2007 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you!! pues te queria contar que le mostre a mi papa la pagina que escribiste sobre tus vacaciones en Colombia y le facino. Casi se muere de la risa cuando vio los papas en la piscina tomando wisky y fumando jajaja. Tambien te manda a decir que en la fodo que sales tu con todas las chicas no fue idea de los papas sino de el solo del papa jajaja. bueno era para contarte eso. bye!!
Nicole stephanou!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home