Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Home Again, Home Again?

Well, I'm back in the Cayambe region after a sweet 4 days in the Riobamba region. But, as you may have guessed from this posts title, my home situation was not what I expected. I got a call on the way home from Quito to Cayambe that I was going to be changing homes...with no explanation why. Once I got back to the area I was explained the situation and told I would be packing up and moving to a new community. The short version of the story is this: apparently one of my two "moms" apparently has an "unhealthy preocupation" with me. I don't think it was anything big, but basically the sister of this particular mom (also a "mom" of mine) decided after a visit to a doctor and some medicine prescription that it wasn't healthy for her to have me in the house. So, in short, I'm now in a new house, with a new family, in a new town, and a new language training group. Or rather, I no longer have a language group. I'm now wandering the plains of language acquisition and cultural integration as a lone ranger, which sounds much more dangerous than it really is. Good news is that I might get to start learning Quechua sooner than I expected...we'll see. Take note that Quechua is also that language that Jabba the Hutt speaks. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home