Friday, June 23, 2006

Cayambe



After 2 days in DC and a day in Quito, I'm now up in a small town named Cayambe outide Quito. Last night we weren't allowed to leave the place we're staying at because of some kind of incident in the town last night where a lynch mob of taxi drivers apparently went after some policemen...weird...but apparently things are all cleared up now for the Fiesta of San Pedro which is going on this week.

I finished my book "A Very Short Introduction to the Spanish Civil War" and already lent it out to another person around here who loves Spain (there are actually a bunch of us out here!). Suggestions on what to start next? Anyways, that's the news for now...tomorrow I move into a host family (for the next 8 weeks) which should be interesting and challenging.

Signing off...

2 Comments:

At 6/24/2006 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that you had gotten to an internet cafe yet.

Where are the downloads of the ball game - when you get a chance!

The picture is beautiful - don't forget to take lots of pictures - some of yourself too!

 
At 6/25/2006 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that things are starting out well, Ryan! I look forward to the updates on how the host home is going. It's my prayer that you will be challenged to depend even more fully on our savior in these upcoming months. Peace be with you, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home