Monday, July 07, 2008

My 1st First Communion Tabacundo

A month or so ago, I took advantage of a Peace Corps conference in Quito to visit my host family in Tabacundo. It also happened to be the date of the First Communion of one of my 'cousins or nieces or something like that', so I got to go to that and celebrate afterwards with the family.

Jhanice on the left with the First Communion-er, Nadia

Cute picture of a girl helping her grandpa down the stairs of the church

The cathedral in Tabacundo


Me, shanking hands with El Che. He's a lot taller than I expected...
Nadia, praying during the First Communion

The family, with the Godfather and Godmother on the left
A somewhat-more complete family. The matron of the family who is 80 years old had 17 kids, so this is actually only about 10 percent of the extended family.

Don't forget to check out the other blog I posted today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home